2013 Fees and Costs
Every AIFS Au Pair has a minimum of 200 hours recent referenced childcare experience.
The "Au Pair in Australia" candidates have little or no experience with under-3yo children.
Half or more of the the "Au Pair in Australia PLUS" candidates' required childcare experience is with under-3yo children.
Families with children under 3 years old will be charged the Au Pair in Australia PLUS fee even if they recruit a candidate from the Au Pair in Australia group as their Au Pair will care for under-3yo children, which is a more demanding task.
Repeat families will be charged one amount, which includes the $350 registration fee plus the placement fee minus $100 repeat discount.
Other Costs to Consider
- Au Pair in Australia & Au Pair in Australia Plus weekly stipend: $180 for up to 35hour/week, $230 for a 36-45hour/week
- Au Pair Professional weekly stipend: $220 for up to 35hour/week, $270 for a 36-45hour/week
- Completion Bonus: Your Au Pair has committed to care for your children for a period of 6 months. Upon completion of the placement all AIFS Host families are required to pay a Completion Bonus of $500. The payment of this bonus is a legally binding undertaking in in becoming an AIFS Host family.
- One-way transport from Sydney to the Host Family's home. For interstate families this may include a bus, air or train ticket and any other necessary transfer costs
- Au Pairs are to be paid $7 per hour for every hour worked above the maximum of 45 hours per week;
- The weekly stipend is to be paid to the Au Pair during naptime and outing or holidays when the Au Pair would normally be paid. This includes family holidays when the Au Pair is not in attendance
- Inclusion of the Au Pair on the Host Family's automobile insurance
- Full board and accommodation with the Host Family for the duration of the program;
Payment may be made by cheque, direct debit or credit card. Credit card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge.
Repeat Family Program
Many AIFS Host Families choose to use our services on an ongoing basis in order to have an uninterrupted level of care for their children. In order to receive $100 discount on a new Au Pair placement, AIFS needs to be notified in writing up to 12 weeks prior to the current Au Pair's last working day.